We have just heard from Nathan’s doctor and he’s given us the “ok” to return to Indonesia! Yipee!
It will take about a month for our visa applications to go through. Please pray that this process goes smoothly so that we are not delayed any longer! We are super excited to be going back to Indonesia.
Today Nathan had a doctor appointment with his GI (Gastroenterologist) to check all his levels after being on 6MP for 6 weeks. The doctor said that his pancreatic levels were slightly elevated. One of the side-effects of 6MP can be pancreatitis, so the doctor wants to see Nathan again in two months to see if his levels continue to go up. If they remain the same, Nathan will stay on 6MP. If they go up, he will stop taking it.
We also spoke with MAF. It sounds like they are willing to let us return to Indonesia and do the blood test there if the doctor is agreeable. We are excited about this option because we are getting anxious to return! Please pray that the doctor will allow Nathan to get this test done in Indonesia! We are hoping to have an answer early next week.
It has been 6 weeks since Nathan’s surgery and he’s feeling great! He is now able to lift over 5 pounds without risking splitting his stitches. So, for the first time since we’ve been back in America, he’s able to hold and play with our nieces!
Nathan and Violet
On Thursday of this week, Nathan has an appointment with his GI doctor. He will tell us the results of his blood work. Please pray that everything comes back positively so we can soon return to Indonesia. Once we are given the “ok” it will take about a month for our visas to come through. So, hopefully we will be back home in Indonesia by the middle/end of July!
We are so grateful for all of your support and prayer during this time! God has been so faithful and we are ready and excited to return to Indonesia!
This past weekend we were able to go visit our old stomping grounds in Prescott, AZ. It was really fun to visit our sending church and see some friends!
Hiking with Jim and Kim
Nathan has gained about 8 pounds back and is feeling much better! He will have a blood test in the middle of June, and we’re hoping that after that, we will be able to work on getting our visas! This should put us back in Indonesia in the middle/end of July. There are still a lot of details to be worked out and decisions to be made, but our goal is to return to Indonesia as soon as we’re able!